Thursday 3 September 2009

BACK FROM HOSPITAL

I am back from hospital after having my anckle operation.

I have my left leg in a cast from my knee to my toes.

The cast comes off in a few weeks then more decisions will be made.

The pain is much worst than i thought it would be,i was giving morphine to help with the pain.

I should be able to start walking in a month or so,can't even think about running.

I'm not sure if i will get to use my place in the 2010 London Marathon or not.

But the kind words from you guys has been great, THANK YOU.

8 comments:

Rolling Pawns said...

I wish you get well as soon as possible.

Johan Verduyckt said...

That it hurts means that your body is fighting wich is good news because otherwise your foot would be horribly lost.

So all i can do is wish you a pleasent recovery. But watch out, dont hit your big toe at that sharp end of the closet. :-)

linuxguyonfics said...

Here's to your having a speedy recovery; guess now you can catch up on reading and whatever you want to study.

Don't waste it all on television! else you'll be wondering where all that time went. ;-)

Tommyg said...

Hey Chessx!

I wish you a speedy and most importantly healthy recovery!

Watch some old movies, read a few books, give it some time and I am positive you will come back swinging!

Tommyg

chessx said...

Rolling pawns
Linuxguy
I am going to play over some games collections,Tal,petrosian and Gligoric,it helps to keep the mind off the pain.
Plus i can catch up on some films i bought but never got around to watching.

Chesstiger
I am not to bad on crutches a few falls so far.

Tommyg
Hope the tour goes well.

Tommyg said...

Hey ChessX,

I am back from the tour. It was awesome. I put some pictures up on my blog a few days ago. I hope you are feeling well!!

PetrS said...

Hi ChessxI I wish you were OK soon! It would be a pity to miss the London marathon (not thinking about more usual daily activities). Crossing my fingers!

Polly said...

Glad to see you back! I hope you have a really good recovery and that you can get back to running. In the meantime there's lots of chess. :-)