Thursday 7 January 2010

IF I HAD MORE TIME

I played this game a few days ago, i played as black with an opening i would not normally play.
It was 20 minutes each, when we got down to the final position i had just over a minute on my clock,my opponent had over 6 minutes.

(show chess board)(hide chess board)


I was thinking of playing 25...Bxa2 26 Ra1 Bc4+ 27 K move a5 and start the pawn rush.
But with so little time i played 25...Kf8 and offered a draw which he took it.
I think i should have won with more time.

The opening was a Scandiavian Icelandic gambit i saw in another game.
I thought that is so not me,my opponent would never think i would play this.
But it back fired on me i spent to much time working out what to do, i did not have the time to try to win!!!!!

3 comments:

Rolling Pawns said...

I am pleasantly surprised seeing you play this stuff, I am not sure I would risk to play it myself :). It's good, don't worry about the time, just prepare that variation better. You see, you risked and you could even win. It creates an open, dynamic play, exactly what I think you need in order to progress.
Here are a few games, played by this gambit:
http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chesscollection?cid=1016855

From the patzer said...

The opening made all the difference. You knew (atleast for a bit) what you where doing, you opp didn't had a clue.

Quick development of your pieces, attacking and defending well, i guess one can only say that things look bright for you.

Chess gambit said...

I like this opening either with c6 or e6.. nice gambit, and very efficient in blitz games!